Last Revised: January 20, 2019
227 Lower Walden
Carmel CA 93923
Types of Data We Collect. We collect personal information from users, as described below.
Use of Your Personal information
General Use. In general, personal information is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- to provide and facilitate the Services
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Services;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Sitka.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to enhance the content of our Services. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- Physicians, Employers, and Insurers. In order to provide you the Services, we may provide the personal information we collect, such as your protected health information, to your Health Care Provider, in order to enable them to analyze the images and respond to you. We may also provide your personal information to your Insurer in order to enable them to process your claims (so we can continue to provide you with the Services), and as necessary to provide the Services to you. We will always ensure we have active agreements with these entities and your consent before disclosing this information.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; to analyze and build user profiles; and/or to provide other services to the Sitka.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
- You may change any of your personal information in your Account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or, if enabled, by logging into your Account and editing your profile. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required by law or regulation to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
- Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our policy on responding to these signals.